Welcome to TCP Global
A small team of TCP Global volunteers in Miami built a network of zero-overhead, sustainable, micro-loan programs in multiple countries.
What we do is simple, but it took us seven years to figure it out.
We are now committed to helping others replicate our model in underserved communities anywhere in the world.
Why? Because entrepreneurs are change-makers. When we put resources into the hands of the entrepreneurial poor, they implement positive, sustainable changes to benefit their families and communities.
Get front row seats to the impact TCP Global and its partners drive every day
TCP Global was founded in 2000 with a dual mission
1. Provide affordable loans to marginalized entrepreneurs
2. Empower and strengthen effective grassroots organizations
We accomplish our mission by:
TCP Global, explained
A slight increase in family earnings makes it possible for children to stay in school, to afford clean drinking water or a smokeless stove, and to access health care. In too many communities the only loan option is from daily lenders who can charge up to 10% per day. Once borrowers have access to affordable loans they are able to expand their businesses, keep their children in school, build their own home, and adopt a more healthy lifestyle.
Micro-loans empower people to change their lives.
TCP Global is more than just micro-loans
Earnings from administration of TCP Global loan programs provide a steady funding stream that local change-makers use to implement community service projects. Program earnings funded:
- Renovations and equipment for handicapped services provided by the St Vincent De Paul nuns at various sites in Colombia
- Matching funds for a grant to retrain farmers whose livelihoods were wiped out in landslides in Peru
- Reforestation and run-off control to convert arid mountain regions to productive farmland
- Women’s sewing cooperative that subsequently generated sufficient revenue to pay utilities at a community center
- Medicines to safeguard a Niger community during malaria season
- A latrine in a Mayan village that enabled women to finally get the full range of pregnancy screenings
How you can help
Our relationship with Peace Corps, PCVs & RPCVS
TCP Global is an easily replicable micro-loan program ideally suited for small and remote communities that are too often underserved --- precisely the types of communities served by current and former Peace Corps Volunteers. While TCP Global has successfully mentored loan programs in multiple countries, our human resources and language skills are limiting factors. Through the NPCA network we hope to engage RPCVs with diverse language and cultural skills to join our efforts to help us replicate our micro-loan success in many more countries.
TCP Global is an affiliate of the National Peace Corps Association (NPCA).
NPCA is the nonprofit alumni network at the center of a vibrant community of over 220,000 people who share the Peace Corps experience. NPCA champions lifelong commitment to Peace Corps ideals by connecting, engaging and promoting its members and affiliate groups as they continue to make a difference in communities in the U.S. and abroad. NPCA is also dedicated to advocating for, contributing to, and supporting the betterment of the Peace Corps. Visit NPCA to learn more.